Friday, February 3, 2012

bellydancing

So at the drawing club I've come to realize that I haven't experimented enough due to ego and a sprinkling of people looking over my shoulder to see what I'm doing.  So thanks to Bob Kato, this week I decided every 5-15 minute pose had to include a different tool to make the image.  And to just rip off the ego band aid I am putting them all here to just tell myself be OK with taking chances.  So here they are in all their mistakes and surprises.  I have one I really like so I'm going to photoshop it up a bit but here's the rest from last night.  All done with a combo of brush pens, microns, prismacolors, flat head calligraphy, copics and watercolor.

3 comments:

Michael Nolan said...

I love the lines, very playful

Gillibean said...

Nice to see that even the best artists need to have things shaken up a little bit! Lovely stuff!

C.Deboda said...

Mistakes? Where??

But yeah, nice to see some experimentation. I wish I can draw some of those kinds of mistakes myself. :/